Michigan Licensure and Certification Information

The Networker prints only the information that is submitted by the practitioner. The names for the abbreviated academic degrees & licenses given in the Networker are as follows:

Academic Degrees:
M.A.- Master of Arts
M.S.- Master of Science
M.S.W.- Master of Social Work
Ph.D.- Doctor of Philosophy
Ed.D.- Doctor of Education
Psy.D.- Doctor of Psychology
M.D.- Doctor of Medicine

State Licenses:
LPC- Licensed Professional Counselor

LLP- Limited License Psychologist
LMSW- Licensed Master Social Worker
LP- Licensed Psychologist
LMFT- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
CAC- Certified Addictions Counselor

You may contact the Michigan Department of Consumer & Industry Services at 517-373-1820 or www.michigan.gov/healthlicense for information about the requirements for specific licenses or bhservinfo@cis.state.mi.us to verify the license of a specific mental health professional. If you know the permanent license I.D. of the professional, you may confirm their current licensing status at www.cis.state.mi.us/free/